Please read this entire document carefully. It is a legal document that affects your rights. Agreeing to these terms is a condition of entry into the Event. For teams, each team member must agree to these terms. For minors, the minor and their parent or guardian must agree to these terms. If you do not agree to these terms you must not enter the Event.
Event means the CBR 100 Challenge and any associated aspects of the event including training runs and walks.
Organisers means Earlybird Events and other persons or entities associated directly or indirectly with the Event and includes employees, directors, volunteers, agents, representatives, contractors, promoters, public bodies, landholders and sponsors.
Personal Information includes name, contact details, address, medical information, results, photographs, videos, multimedia and likeness.
1. I acknowledge that participating in the Event involves risks. These risks include injury, death and property damage.
2. I acknowledge that in participating in the Event:
a. I may be injured or may die
b. my property may be lost, damaged or stolen
c. I may injure other people
d. I may damage the property of others.
3. I acknowledge that there are numerous possible causes of loss, injury, death, property damage or liability in connection with my participation in the Event. Specific hazards include, but are not limited to:
a. roads that are open to traffic
b. bush trails with uneven, steep, rocky or slippery surfaces
c. the natural environment including flora and fauna
d. remote locations with limited or no access to medical treatment or transport
e. travelling by day and at night by torch light
f. prevailing weather conditions
g. other participants, spectators and the general public
h. property theft.
4. Despite knowing these hazards, I am choosing to participate in the Event. I acknowledge that I am participating in the Event at my own risk.
5. I acknowledge and agree that:
a. I have read the Event information (including the information on the Event website)
b. I have undertaken appropriate training and preparation to participate in the Event
c. I do not have any known illness or medical condition that increases my risk of injury or death from participating in the Event
d. I will carry with me all reasonable safety equipment and supplies and do not rely on the Organisers to provide it to me
e. I will comply with normal traffic rules, the Event rules and the directions of Event officials and police
f. If there is a change to my team, I will inform the Organisers immediately.
6. I release the Organisers from all claims, demands and proceedings arising out of or in connection with my participation in the Event (including any claim for injury, death, property damage, loss of opportunity or loss of revenue) and I indemnify the Organisers against all liability, loss or damage arising out of my participation in the Event. This release and indemnity continues forever and binds my heirs, executors, personal representatives and assigns.
7. I acknowledge and agree:
a. that the Organisers may use my Personal Information (including my emergency contact’s name and contact details) in relation to organising the Event and in promotion and marketing of the Organisers and future events
b. that the Organisers may store my Personal Information (including my emergency contact’s name and contact details) in a database or databases of competitors which may or may not be located in Australia
c. that if I select to become a member of a team, my teammates may have access to my Personal Information.
8. I have informed my emergency contact of the use of the Personal Information and they have given their consent to me to including their personal information in my entry form.
9. I agree that the Organisers may at any time change the Event (for example by changing the Event course or date) or cancel the Event due to safety concerns, whether conditions, withdrawal of permits, an ‘act of god’ or other unforseen circumstance and that if that occurs I will not receive any refund or credit.
10. If I am unable to complete the Event within the cut-off times, I will not receive any refund or credit.
11. I acknowledge that any refunds or transfers must be in accordance with the Refund and Transfer Policy process published on the Event website.